We are merger and acquisition advisors getting you to the right exit strategy
Leaving a legacy
Do you have an exit plan for your business?
We help maximize company value for business owners through expert merger and acquisition advisory services.
Be prepared to leave the legacy you deserve. With diligence and care, the Ad Astra team is here to meet your goals, and protect your future.
Selling can get complicated!
Is the timing right?
- Is it time to sell my business? Is the timing right?
- If I’m not ready to sell now, when should I?
- Am I burnt out or ready to retire?
- Is too much of my financial portfolio tied to my business? Is it time to take some “chips of the table?”
- Am I spending too much time and energy on my business instead of enjoying other important things in my life?
- Am I up for the challenge of facing new competition or changes in my industry?
- What would I do if I didn’t own my business? Are there other hobbies I would prefer to pursue?
- What do I need to do before marketing to buyers?
- How long does selling a business take?
- What is my business worth?
- What documents do I need to show to buyers?
- How do I qualify a buyer?
- What agreements or contracts do buyers need to sign?
- Do I want to completely exit the business?
- Do I want to retain a minority equity position?
- Do I want to sell to a business like mine?
- Do I want to partner up with a private investor?
- Do I want to run a bidding process or individually discuss with each buyer?
- What happens once I sell my business?
Every client has a different strategy!
Ad Astra Equity Advisors understand, that selling a business can be a difficult process that takes months (even years) to complete. If you do it wrong then you could struggle to find the right buyer, or you could cost yourself unnecessary time and money. Knowing the right answers to the most common questions can help you avoid those mistakes.
No one client is the same, and so we work with you to create a strategy that fits your goals and needs.
Selling your business is most likely the largest investment decision you will ever make. We offer a unique agreement for our clients so that they are 100% comfortable knowing that Ad Astra is working in their best interest at all times.
Since we know our clients deserve the best of the best, we offer the following characteristics within our agreement:
- Success-based fee only. This means that you, our client, will not pay any upfront retainers, monthly fees, or cancellation fees.
- Non-exclusivity. This allows you to market yourself with buyers that we have not identified to you.
This structure gives our clients a risk-free arrangement knowing that we will only be compensated if there is value given in return – a successful transaction.
We are easy to work with
Start the Journey
A no-obligation & confidential conversation to learn more about your goals and to see if we are the right fit for you.
Map Out Your Plan
Customized for you, we design a path around your goals every step of the way.
Own Your Future
How you sell your business determines your legacy. Be ready for when that day comes.
Call or email us anytime to get started! We want to help you achieve your goals the right way
Who we work with
Our Client Characteristics
- Annual gross sales: $1M-$250M
- Pre-Tax Earnings: $500k+
- History of consistent or improving financial performance
- Well-defined market and customer base
- Documented processes and systems
- Opportunities for growth and expansion
- Ethical management in place
Frequently asked questions
It doesn’t take much. Prior to getting engaged with us we want to take 30 minutes to a few hours understanding you, your business, and your goals. If you do not have set goals in mind, our job is to help you get there.
It may not be! By working with us on a success-based fee only model, will allow you to test the market and see if it is the right time to sell. You do not have to sell when we bring you offers, but it is never a bad idea to always have your finger on the trigger, in case the right offer and buyer come knocking.
We understand that business owners need to keep the exit planning process confidential from employees, customers, family, etc. We accomplish this by only working with you, those you give us access to, and will only talk with buyers you have approved. We do not talk with anyone without your permission. If you allow us to talk with a buyer, we always require a Non-Disclosure Agreement to be signed, and the buyer only to contact us.
If you already have a buyer, a price you can live with, and a team to perform due diligence – then maybe not. However, there’s more to it then a buyer and a price. Talking with us, and allowing us to educate you in the discovery meeting, will ultimately help you determine if you need an advisor or not.